Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ug9ie7.h20.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>>

From: Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Thunderbird version 115 has arrived!  (And it sucks!)
Date: 12 Oct 2023 17:46:40 GMT

Kenny McCormack <gazelle@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
> Running TBird on Windows - the last update brought in version 115, which is
> totally weird.  I remember reading something here a month or so ago about
> how it was coming and that people would not like it when it did.  And that
> has now come to pass.
>
> Is there any way to revert to the previous version (and stay there) ?

  The rollback procedure has already been described.

  About the "and stay there" part: Several people have posted about
that, but IMO their instructions were a bit vague, so let me try:

- In folder

  C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\distribution

  or

  C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\distribution

  create a file policies.json with content

     {
     "policies":
        {
          "DisableAppUpdate": true
        }
     }

- Exit and restart Thunderbird.

- The 'About Mozilla Thunderbird' popup will now say something like:

  "Updates disabled by your system administrator"

  HTH.